Thursday 19 January 2012

Welcome to my blog

My name is Natalee and I have just signed up with Train2game to study to become a Computer Game Designer. I am writing this blog for one reason, to give a real, clear and honest idea of what Train2game is all about from my personal experience.

I signed up for Train2game about a week ago. This is my story so far, (how cheesy), I have been online gaming for about eight years now, since I was in a bad relationship and needed something to do, to get my head away from the stress. I started with GTA MMO Role play. Love it, I eventually became an admin, a mob boss and I had some real friends, I met my boyfriend thanks to one of them.

Over time, and MMOs I played several games, some that are less known and some such as RoseOnline, World of Warcraft and currently Rift. Not sure what it is about MMOs but I love the questing and I love the social side of things, as bad as it might sound to some, I have some good friends through online gaming. I have been through some bad times in my life and gaming was always the way to get through it, even when I was a 24 hour player, sleeping for a few hours every couple of days playing was an escape from everything and everyone.

So that is a little about my gaming history, onto now. I found Train2game on Facebook, I am usually very sceptical of social networking adverts, but for some reason, this one caught my eye. I reluctantly pushed the button expecting 'add credit card details here' but no, I simply had to give my contact details and I would get a call.

To be fair, I pretty much forgot about it after that but a few days later I got a call from a lady at Train2game. It was a weird conversation because I did not know if this was some woman scamming me or if it was a type of interview so I did not really know how to act, I think that may have helped me as I am a very nervous interviewee. Anyway, she asked me a lot of questions about my gaming history, what interested me etc and seemed to know what she was talking about. After maybe 30 minutes she said she was happy to send someone out to speak to me in person, get an idea of who I am and for me to get an idea of who Train2game are. This did ease my mind a little.

A few days later two Train2game employees arrived to do my interview, a girl to write everything down and a man to do the charming. He explained in detail about Train2game, about the benefits of the course and actually asked a lot of personal stuff about myself (I told you I was a nervous interviewee) and we decided that the design course would be good for me, which had some of the game tester involved which I also feel would be right up my alley.

Now was time to talk about the price, let me just mention that before the interview I thought it was a ten week type of thing but it's a two year course, from home, 8-10 hours a week, I can do more if I want to. I was a little surprised when I was told the course would cost me £5.000 but my boyfriend, who they actually suggested I have there to help me, was expecting £10.000 and I had heard from one of my guildies, (guild members from Rift), that there was something like that for £5.000 in Ireland (where he lives) too.

He then left me to discuss with my boyfriend. I will continue my next post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment