Sunday 29 January 2012

Space Shooter (second game)

After I played around with my first game a little, adding an extra clown head etc I decided I was happy to continue onto my next game (next part of the book/DVD) I will admin one thing, it wasn't until I started my second game I remembered I was meant to be using the DVD to so I put my booklet down and opened my DVD, I got myself to the second game and continued with both.

I made a mistake with my second game because instead of editing my clown game to make the next one, I made it from fresh, partly because I had edited my clown game and wasn't sure I had my original copy still or I have saved over it and also I assumed it would make it easier than deleting and re-adding things.. I was wrong.

I followed the book but instead of deleting this and adding this, I just added the new stuff and the majority of it was right, but because I didn't have the original coding I struggled getting it to move correctly and bounce off the walls etc After a lot of extra time and effort I managed to get it pretty much the same as the example so although I wish I had started using my clown game, I feel like I got a chance to fiddle with some of the buttons to get it working.

Luckily, it did say we would be starting the rest from scratch so I won't be making that mistake again.

The second game, Space shooter is also very basic but very different to Catch the Clown. only the side walls are blocked off but with lightning this time and instead of a clown you have a space ship, the enemy. The book said to add 5 which I did but after playing the game I would of probably have gone for three because its to easy with five.
You also have a space ship which you control with right and left keys and shoot with the space bar. The spaceships are moving from right to left and like the Clown game, you get 10 points for each correct hit and after you hit the spaceship another one appears randomly, slightly faster than the last.

I will add a screen shot and the link for my uploaded game as before.

I have not received the information from my person tutor yet but I can imagine that takes longer as my course was not meant to start for another month. I will wait until next week and send the card provided if I am still yet to receive it.

Yesterday I found that someone in my house has split chocolate milk inside my course case and a  few of my books, study guide etc so although I am pretty sure it will be a no, I have mailed the tutors to see if I can get any replacement copy’s, will let you know when I get a reply.

My next game is a helicopter game which I will do tomorrow. I will update you on that shortly






The link to download is - http://jumbofiles.com/23pz1kl2apvg

No comments:

Post a Comment