Thursday 19 January 2012

Part 2

So, after discussing it with my boyfriend and a few family members I hit Google. Most of what I found was people asking the same questions but I dug a little deeper and found people had posted anything from how great the course is, to people currently working in the field thanks to T2G and then people saying its a scam and you do not get a recognised qualification out of it, which is what made me want to write this blog. No bullshit, the truth, every step of the way.

I have decided to do the course with monthly payments of around £135 a month for two years (I would suspect if they were trying to scam me, they would want the money upfront.) For the first time in a long time I feel like this could be the start of something great, sick of being in dead end jobs doing the same mindless shit.

I paid a £100 deposit, which I was expecting, since I had read on the Internet someone had paid a deposit too, so I was not surprised about that. He explained the payment plan, my money will be Monthly DD which doesn't even start for another two months. He answered any further questions I had and even had my first course with him, along with an introduction dvd and booklet about the course which came in a brief case and everything, I also took a pen :)

One of the questions I did want to know was would I get a student NUS card and was really happy to be told that yes, which to me says a lot, do not know scams that are able to get NUS cards.. but we will see if that will come.

At the moment I am waiting for the information in the post of who my personal tutor will be. He is available for my calls 9am -9pm which is pretty cool. I am also waiting for my log in details for the site.

After reading so much on the Internet I am  unsure if I am walking into a trap but even the people calling it a scam are saying the course exists, its just that the qualification after the two year course is pointless. It's endorsed by Tiga who are the gaming board for most games and is the equivalent of two years at university without the cost.

I decided to go for it for several reasons. Let's say the negative stuff is not true, we do this course and are placed into work at the end of the course which T2G do and we all live happily ever after, or at least be able to afford the gas bill. But I really want to do this, I am excited about the course itself, making your own computer game is one project which is amazing and all the software and tutors available sounds great. So I am going into this open minded, because even if at the end the qualification is not as great as they say it is, having done the course shows commitment and at least two years hard study and experience which is always going to help in selling yourself to future employers.

One thing I wanted to mention, I read a few posts of people saying their rep was rude, pushy etc however mine was not, maybe because I wanted what he was offering and although he repeated himself a little it did show how well he knew his script :) He was lovely to me.

My next post will be when I have chance to read through the paperwork and booklets I have been given to give you my gossip on that.

Hope you enjoy my blog so far, please feel free to comment, add my Facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/Natalee.Van.De.Vis.Watsonator or email me at nwjwatson@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment